At LILA, The Village is the starting grounds for 6th graders coming to the campus, but it has a shocking problem, literally.
By Chase Lo and Zayn Ghanem – 6th grade.
I had just arrived at school, I was making my way up the stairs. I reached out to the railing and then suddenly out of nowhere crack, I had gotten an electrical shock. I screamed out in pain and moved over towards the tables. Unexpectedly I got another shock. So I began to ponder,”what causes this to happen.”
I needed to investigate more, I first interviewed the 6th graders as the Village was their area. I walked around asking the students about this mysterious thing and their answers were harsh, that is an understatement. 6th grade students commented angrly things like “Oh yeah that thing, I really hate it” and “I always get those stupid shocks” they even said that they have to be extra careful around metal items and there even others and that there are some people that run around shocking others. They really hate those kids.
Even the supervisors agree. One said,”it’s why all the students’ hair sticks up like crazy.” Wow, as you can see everyone really loves it. I wanted to see how long this “problem” had been happening so I interviewed other grades. A 7th grader commented “It is stupid, whenever i am at the village I get shocked.” Another poor victim of the problem who is now in 11th grade was once talking to his crush when he leaned on the railing, dzt, he got shocked making a fool out of himself. Poor dude. As far as the students know this has been happening for forever.
I also asked Mathieu Mondange (The Middle School Principal) about it. He said that it was a flaw in creation and it has been around since the Village was created. He said that there were many ways they tried to combat this like recoloring the floors and putting mats and sandpaper on the floor, but all of these were in vain as the shocks keep torturing the students. He said that there were many ways they tried to combat this like recoloring the floors and putting mats and sandpaper on the floor, but all of these were in vain as the shocks keep torturing the students.
But how did it happen? I decided to talk to the deputy principal and head of middle school. Once more it was Mathieu Mondange. He said that it happened because of the flooring. When the village was built the school decided to use a material made of a plastic which was conductive material. There are two types of energy and in a body there is a perfect balance between them. Now when you move sometimes you can get too much negative or positive energy and when you touch a conductor it creates a shock because the energies are trying to equalize. So, whenever you walk on the floor an imbalance is created in your body. When you touch a conductive material like the railings of the village, well, the electricity gets discharged and boom you get shocked. We even tested it, and it worked. We touched the rail while on the ground and the floor and we only got shocked while standing on the floor.
Will the shocking ever stop? Will some 6th grader villains stop shocking other people? Will that one 11th grader ever recover his relationship? WIll Mr Mondange ever fix the problem? Who knows. But what we do know is….Bzzzz. It really hurts.